Learning Mentors work with a whole range of external agencies in a variety of ways;
We Signpost or complete referrals for families to access the support they choose to access:
- Coventry Haven who support parents to access advice on Domestic Violence, access legal advice, create safety plans, provide emergency accommodation and advice.
- Coventry Women's Partnership who link to a whole range of other agencies for women to access training opportunities and develop their skills, widen their network of support, meet other parents.
- We work closely with Coventry Foodbank / clothes bank/ and a range charities to obtain food clothes beds and household goods.
- We are able to refer families to the Breakthrough project which aims to help parents into work through small steps, provide benefit advice, apply for charity grants, give debt advice
- Courses are held at school to help parents such as 'Heat & Eat' how to economically heat your home and make meals. 3 week course.
- Switch and Save attend some school events or we can directly refer parents to them. The aim of this project is to change gas and electricity supplier as part of a large group and access tariffs not on the open market to save money and get the best deal
We have a number of agencies who come into school and work with our children:
- E-safety, we work with Streetwise who come into school and deliver information sessions for parents and for children in year 5 and 6.
- Protective behaviours, we work with agencies who come in and deliver sessions to children from reception to year 6 throughout the school year.
- School Nurses, they are able to support individual children and their families on a range of subjects, learning mentors refer to them and they also attend some school events and groups.
- Community Police are able to work with small groups or year groups of children to talk about a range of subjects. Such as friendships and safety.
- Fire service, provide safety leaflets for parents to access, arrange home fire safe checks, talk to our children about people who help us.
For more information please see the Pastoral Team page
Curriculum Development Training Opportunities
At Joseph Cash we are passionate about keeping up to date with the latest research. We are proactive in looking for research projects that are taking part in across schools and playing an active role in them.
Follow the link to find out more information.